Campaign of the Month: August 2018
The Praise of Old Men
Horn Of Valhalla
Ivory horn chased with silver and carved with four scenes.
The horn has four scenes on panels around the edge: Four men swimming across an ocean; four men feasting in a great smoke-filled hall; four men battling a dragon; and finally, four men climbing a set of stairs that lead up into the stars.
Horn Of Valhalla
Water (or any other fluid) placed in the horn is enchanted such that drinking from the Horn will instantly remove any fatigue and give the imbiber a +50 to his next RR. The drinker is also given a sense of what the next few hours will bring in terms of danger, reward and so on. No specific details can be ascertained but the player will know if they face serious or moderate risk. Whether the next few hours will be beneficial and helpful to whatever “quest” they are on.
If the end piece is removed, the Horn can be sounded – the person blowing the Horn uses their Strength (sheer physical presence) or Presence (their aura of command) to generate a pool of Power Points which can be used each day with the Horn to cast the following:
1. Courage — For the duration of this spell, all within the area of effect (including the caster) may make a second RR versus any fear or panic effect. This second RR is made with an additional +10 modifier.
2. Inspirations I — Caster inspires all allies who are within the area of effect (they must be aware of the caster). All allies gain +5 to melee attacks and moving maneuvers for the duration of the spell. This spell will only work during combat or highly religious moments (e.g., an oratory presentation prior to a large battle). These bonuses do not apply to the caster.
4. Inspirations II — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +10.
6. Inspirations III — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +15.
9. Inspirations IV — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +20.
11. Inspirations V — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +25.
15. Inspirations VI — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +30.
16. Courage True — As Courage, except the second RR automatically succeeds.
17. Inspirations VII — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +35.
19. Inspirations VIII — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +40.
25. Inspirations True — As Inspirations I, except bonuses are +50.